Saturday 1 January 2011

Cleaning Silver

In the last post I mentioned that I had cleaned some of my newly re-discovered silver jewellery and I thought you might be interested in how I did this.

I didn't use any fancy products, or even go out and buy anything.  I already had everything I needed in my kitchen!

I lined a pyrex dish (any dish will do) with some foil and filled it up with quite warm water.  I then added some salt and bicarbonate of soda and swirled it round to make sure it had dissolved.  Then I put in the pieces that I wanted to clean and left them for a bit.

The solution did its job and the items were as good as new.

What pieces do you have that could be rejuvenated by this really simple process?

The Declutter Diarist

PS - didn't take any photos for a before and after but my husband has just found a St Christopher chain of his, so when I work my magic I will post the results - DD

No comments:

Post a Comment